- Is your product indexed for the Keywords you are bidding on?
- Is your product in Stock?
- Is your product winning the Buy Box
The answer should be YES to all 3 above, otherwise, your ads will not receive any impressions.
Is there an error at the campaign or ad group level? This needs to be checked on Seller Central. Are your ads (products inside your Ad Groups) “Pending Review“, “Not Eligible“, “Error“, etc.
- For “Pending Review“: The campaign/ad group is pending manual approval by Amazon. There’s no “normal” to manual reviews – just something they started implementing recently. It might take from a few hours to as much as a week.
- For “Not Eligible“, “Error“, etc.: see 2 points below
When creating your PGN, have you added SKUs or ASINs? You HAVE to add SKUs. Amazon will ignore any ASIN added
- to fix this, see our “Add SKUs to PGN” video
Do you have active keywords? Check your PGN at KW level and see if you have Keywords and if they are active
- to add keywords to a PGN, check our “Add Keywords to PGN” or “Bulk add existing Keywords to a PGN” videos
Are you bidding high enough? If you are not receiving impressions, your bids might be too low. Although Bid Gambler will periodically raise your bids chasing the first click, you might speed up the process by increasing your bids manually
- to bulk edit bids, check our “Bulk Edit Keywords” video
Is your Auto Campaign bid too low? If your Auto Campaign ACoS is way higher than your target Max ACoS, we will drop the bid, and sometimes our calculated bid might be too low to gain impressions
- if this is the case, you can edit “Min Bid” to a value you feel comfortable with. This will set a “floor” so that Auto-Mate will never bid below it.
Are you bidding on the same terms in other campaigns? Amazon algorithm likes history and will prefer to give the impression to an older keyword
- to learn how to overcome this obstacle, check our “Switching to PGNs” video
Is the product still in the same sub-category or did it get moved? Categories affect which product can win the impression
Having said this, we have an automation that is specifically designed to periodically raise your bids until you achieve your first click.
- To learn more, check out our “Bid Gambler” Video
Also published on Medium.