PPC Automations are nice and cool, but nothing beats your brain.
Keyword Miner automation will mine based on the “Relevancy Trigger” setting, which by default is 2.
This means that we will mine a Customer Search Term not only if it fits within your thresholds, but also only after it generates the 2nd sale.
This might not happen (in case the originating Keyword gets paused), or will happen, but over a very long period.
If you have time to spare and want to speed up the machine learning, here are a few simple WEEKLY tasks you might want to do:
- Check your PGN’s Customer Search Term report, filter only the Customer Search Term with just 1 sale that are within your thresholds and are closely RELEVANT to your product, and manually add them as Keywords to the PGN.
PGN –> Customer Search Term report (Icon) –> Advanced Search –> Bulk Select Customer Search Term –> Bulk Action –> Add to PGN
- Check your PGN’s Paused Keywords and see if you might want to edit those rules/thresholds in order to keep the words with the highest sales volume enabled
PGN –> Keyword report (Icon) –> Paused filter –> Sort by Sales7, descending
1.6 Custom Rules
- Check your PGN’s Customer Search Term report, filter for Customer Search Term with excessive spend and/or bad ACoS, and identify single words which are not relevant to your items. Add them to PGN Negative Phrase
PGN –> Customer Search Term report (Icon) –> Advanced Search –> Bulk Select Customer Search Term –> Bulk Action –> Negate to PGN
- If your campaign budgets are not running out, there is room for more Keywords. If you started with the advised 5 to 10 words, you can now add more (as long as they are RELEVANT).
Go and check your products previous PPC data, and add to the PGN any Keyword and Customer Search Term that has been performing within your thresholds in the past.
Advanced Search –> Bulk Select –> Bulk Action –> Add to PGN
- We noticed that, for the PAT substructure, the suggested Brands and suggested ASINs change frequently, even multiple times a day.
It’s good to periodically run the PGN Repair Tool to cover new additions even if the PAT does not need repairing (you can leave out the “DEFENSE” ad group).
PGN –> Edit –> Repair Tool –> Fill fields and toggle on “DEFENSE”
2.3.11 – PGN Repair Tool
Also published on Medium.